1 cup organic almond butter
1/3 cup 100% REAL maple syrup
1 Free-range/cage-free egg
2 tbsp grass fed ghee
1 tsp REAL vanilla
1/3 cup 80%+ cocoa powder
1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
1/2 tsp fresh cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
optional: 2 tsp ground flax seed and 1/2 oz fresh grated ginger
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, syrup,
- In a smaller bowl whisk the egg and whisk in softened ghee that has vanilla already added.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, baking soda and cinnamon that has been sifted together.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until done, but still soft in the middle.
- Let cook completely before cutting, will be gooey
- Serves 6
- cinnamon – lowers glycemic index (GI) and reduces visceral fat (belly fat)
- flax seed – must be ground to be digested properly, omega-3, do not add while baking, but sprinkle while cooling so you do not kill the health benefits.
- ginger – aids in digestion
- mint – stimulates the system
- almond butter – good fat for the brain
- maple syrup – high in minerals and nutrients good for maintaining weight
- walnuts – good brain food, clue is in the shape of the nut