October 12, 2011
By Mama Vega
- 24 oz Mama Vega’s Salsa
- 15 oz Pumpkin
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 3 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- 57 oz coconut water
- 13 oz coconut milk – lite
- 29 oz garbanzo beans (chick peas)
— Procedure: —
- In a large pot with moderate heat, melt butter in olive oil. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Pour in coconut water and spices and mix well.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool slightly for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and Mama Vega’s Salsa into cooled coconut water mixture.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Make sure to stir constantly to prevent lumps and sticking.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro
original recipe posted: http://www.theavtimes.com/2011/10/12/creamy-spicy-pumpkin-soup-recipe-vegan/